Senior Project Engineer (Controls)
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by Ben Joseph
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $100,000 - $120,000 per year
A Bit About Us
With offices throughout the US and over 400 professionals on our
staff, we are one of the largest and most well-established
engineering companies in the United States, and we've successfully
finished numerous projects for our US clients in many parts of the
world. We're confident that our qualified staff has the knowledge,
experience, and talent to create and deliver the solutions you need
for your facility process and operation needs.
Why join us?
great benefits, work culture, advancement opportunities
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for controls engineering
involving control panel design, PLC programming, instrumentation,
checkout support, and start-up assistance.
This position may be responsible for the implementation of
conceptual design and technical review of projects. This includes
both internal design efforts and client reviews.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems (logic software
and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system
- Develops control logic software and user interface
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and
wiring, and designs equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD
- Design network architecture for control systems to interface
with multiple communication protocols
- Develop procedural documentation for instrumentation and
- Write operational philosophy and sequence of operation
documents for control system implementation
- Will assist with initial start-up and debugging of integrated
systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system
integration projects for clients in industries such as food and
beverage, wood, or grain facilities.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower-level
engineers and technicians.
Education - A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or
Computer Science is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or
equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
Technical Experience - Greater than 10 years of experience with a
proven track record in the areas below
- Experience in one or more of the following industries Food and
Beverage, Oil & Gas, Wood or Grain.
- Experience in the design of electrical schematics, including
power distribution, control panels, and associated NEC
- Experience with PLC ladder logic and function block programming
(i.e. Rockwell Automation, Modicon, Siemens) are required
- Experience with SCADA programming, scripting, and their
applications (i.e. Cimplicity, Wonderware, Intellution, Rockwell
Automation) is required
- Ability to configure numerous types of electronic overloads,
VFD's, and Servos
- Knowledge in Databases, SQL, Scripting, Historian and Virtual
- Experience with AutoCAD and ability to navigate 3D models
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
- Professional references, preferably one from each of the
following a subordinate, a peer, and a manager.
- Must have a valid driver's license, passport and the ability to
travel up to 30%.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Eden Prairie , Senior Project Engineer (Controls), Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!