Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Phillips and Temro Industries (PTI)
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: April 5, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:
- Scopes, designs, documents, deploys and qualifies new equipment
/ fixturing to support new products
- Champions projects to optimize / improve throughput, yield and
ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through
automation, error proofing, and waste reduction in a fast moving
regulated (ISO 9001 / 16949) manufacturing environment.
- Provides direction to engineers and technicians assisting in
the construction, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and
documentation of equipment.
- Develops plant area expertise and provide skilled
troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams.
Provides leadership in new product launches and continuous
- Identifies, justifies, and submits capital project
documentation for approval, and coordinates the purchasing,
installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to
release to production.
- Participates in problem solving and development teams, working
as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering.
Participates in APQP teams representing the plant.
- Provides leadership in safe plant operations. Participates on
safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in
- Generates, maintains, and monitors process operating
parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of
material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and
production documentation. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Possess plant maintenance and operation knowledge along with
technical skills to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team
member to accomplish objectives
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD Software (e.g. AutoCAD / Solid
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term
programs/projects, as well as address shot-term operational
- Knowledge of APQP (or equivalent) quality systems - PPAP,
DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, RCA, CAPA, Control plans etc.
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus Qualifications Education
Required Bachelors or better in Manufacturing Engineering
Technology or related field. Experience Required 5-7 years:
Manufacturing engineer experience Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Creativity, Safety, Teamwork, Respect & Integrity
Keywords: Phillips and Temro Industries (PTI), Eden Prairie , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!