Principal Software Engineer
Company: C. H. Robinson
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 15, 2023
At C.H. Robinson, we are working to transform the logistics
industry through the delivery of products for our customers,
carriers, and supply chain partners. The digital connectivity
organization is responsible for building and maintaining B2B
integrations with CH Robinson partners (customers, carriers and
third parties). Through connectivity, the group automates B2B
business process enabling seamless transactions and delighting
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll have the ability to
influence the roadmap working with cross-functional partners
prioritizing for reliability and overall carrier experience. In
addition, the role is responsible for impacting and continuously
improving our engineering culture, process and mentoring other
engineers across the organization.
This position may be located in Eden Prairie/Minneapolis, Seattle,
Kansas City or Chicago.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex B2B integration
features and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a team of
talented software engineers.
- Drive architectural decisions and contribute to the overall
technical strategy of the B2B integration platform.
- Collaborate with product management to define requirements,
scope, and timelines for new features.
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring high code quality,
scalability, and maintainability.
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues, working
closely with support.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging
technologies related to B2B integration.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience, with a
focus on B2B integration, APIs, and data exchange.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working with
distributed version control systems such as git and CI/CD
- Experience with communication methods, including Web Services,
FTP, HTTP, RESTful APIs, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering high-quality,
scalable software solutions.
- Exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills, with a keen
attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, containerization, DevOps
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other
technology degree or minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience
and high school diploma/GED
- Master's degree in computer science, CIS, or related field (or
equivalent work experience in a related field)
- Experience with integration platforms, message brokers, and
middleware tools, etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, Kong &
Azure PaaS services.
- Experience working with file-based integrations and formats,
preferably with EDI X12 & EDIFACT.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership or mentorship role
is highly desirable.
- Possess solid communication skills and strong customer
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical
partnerships across teams
- Experience directly or indirectly leading high performing teams
with the ability to assess and grow software engineering
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and
people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the
job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we're building a
diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they
belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply
whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few.
You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the
diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe
this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth
and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to
providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and
discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our
benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We
provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most,
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Keywords: C. H. Robinson, Eden Prairie , Principal Software Engineer, Education / Teaching , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!