Back Up Line Controller - 1st Shift $1000 Sign on Bonus
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Details Description To quick apply text EASjobs to 25000 and
get scheduled for an interview today! We are always looking for
talented, hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are
a family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are looking for a Back Up Line Controller (Back Up Line
Lead) for 1st shift. Operations are Monday-Thursday 6am-430pm as
well as some overtime on Fridays. The hourly pay rate is $21.30.
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability Take a Virtual Tour of what you
can expect when joining our Team:
https://vimeo.com/528352764/88eb84e77e Responsibilities: Take
initiative to lead the line by insuring that all employees on the
team are working together to accomplish goals. Responsible for
production line efficiencies, minimal waste and following standard
work at all times. Complete work orders according to standards.
Monitor machine, labels, film and sandwiches to produce a high
quality product at efficient levels of manufacturing. 1. Safety and
- Wear necessary safety gear provided such as: ear plugs and cut
- Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween Quarterly Safety
Training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA
regulations and E.A. Sween policy. 2. Quality/Food Safety
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activities to support SQF requirements, regulatory
requirements and our customers' requirements.
- Assists in opening rejects following written procedure,
focusing on GMPs.
- Fills line sanitizer hand dip stations prior to start up with
fresh sanitizer. Empties and refills sanitizer at every break
and/or when sanitizer becomes cloudy.
- Follow good manufacturing rules such as; sanitize hands, do not
touch the floor, etc. 3. Cost (Continuous Improvement)
- Contribute to Lean activities.
- Works together with production employees, as well as,
Supervisor, Lead and Mechanic to assemble the lowest cost, highest
quality product possible. 4. Standard Work
- Scans all materials to assigned work order.
- Safely operate all line equipment according to recipe line
speeds and standard work to insure line efficiencies are met and
waste is minimized
- Assists in preparing the production line for startup with
regard to materials and equipment.
- Inspect all sandwiches to insure they are properly prepared for
final packaging and labeling.
- Quickly identify and properly address any deviations resulting
from employees not following standard work on the line.
- Adjust speed of equipment when necessary to maintain quality
product and efficient production.
- Be able to read and verify the work order.
- Scans or oversees all materials are added to the work
- Verify accuracy of material scans to work orders.
- Document start and end times of each period and record accurate
downtime or meeting minutes on the work order and in Redzone
- Properly turn off equipment before each break and at the end of
- Verify the material you are using is correct by looking at the
recipe and properly filling out the recipe verification sheet.
- Must meet 100% fill rate standards
- Must change top/bottom film, labels, printer, Julian date 5.
- Support the Spirit, Purpose and Vision of E. A. Sween
- Communicate effectively with Leads and/or Supervisor throughout
the day for any changes or issues that may arise.
- Assist in providing a friendly positive work environment.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance, and have no
GMP/safety violations, or disciplinary actions (in the last 12
months) 6. Tools and Equipment/Machinery Used/PPE's
- Multivac Equipment
- Slicing Equipment- Weber, Grote, Titans, Depositors
- Pen/ Worksheets
- PPE's: Ear Plugs, Cut resistant gloves Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment Require
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Require previous assembly work and knowledge of Good
- Must have mechanical aptitude working with machinery
- Must be meeting or exceeding standards in current production
position for a minimum of 6 months (for internal applicants)
- Must be able to read and effectively communicate in
- Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
- Previous food related experience Physical Environment:
- Must be able to be on feet majority of the day
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push, pull
- Must be able to reach overhead moderately
- Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to keep up with manufacturing speeds
- Must be able to work in cool conditions, 35 - 45 degrees
- Must be able to properly perform and rotate to all positions on
the line Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Experience Licenses & Certifications Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Back Up Line Controller - 1st Shift $1000 Sign on Bonus, Accounting, Auditing , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!