Financial Planning & Analysis Sr. Analyst
Company: Securian Financial Group
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 18, 2023
*At Securian Financial we will consider candidates at the P2
(Sr. Analyst) and P3 (Consultant) level for this position.
Overview: The Retirement Solutions division at Securian Financial
Group is searching for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Consultant to support FP&A functions of the business unit and
reinsurance accounting. Responsibilities include but not limited
- - Partners with Vice President - Retirement Products and CFO -
Retirement Products to conduct analyses to support business
planning activities, develop recommendations, and serve as a
trusted business partner.
- - Leads accounting, financial reporting, and management
reporting setup for new products and product enhancements.
- - Performs and reviews monthly and quarterly financial analysis
and management reporting for Retirement Products.
- - Leads analysis of recordkeeping divestiture financials
including expense analysis and profit & loss.
- - Develops and implements Excel based models to project
financial results and to analyze components of earnings.
- - Leads resolution of complex issues to ensure financial
analysis is accurate and well understood. Qualifications:
- - Organizational skills and attention to detail to meet
deadlines and produce accurate work.
- - Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- - Solid interpersonal and communication skills to act as a
resource to Retirement Products leadership team and Corporate
- - In depth conceptual and practical knowledge of financial and
- - Experience solving complex problems and effecting process
- - Experience building models in Excel or other similar
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Preferred
- - Four or more years of experience with corporate accounting
and / or expense analysis.
- - Successful track record in a four-year degree program in
Accounting, Finance, or another related field.
- - Experience with SAP or learning multiple ERP systems.
- - Experience with reinsurance accounting. Physical Job
- - Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- - Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- - Ability to utilize phone for 4-6 hours per day The physical
job requirements described above are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of jobs. Securian Financial has been around for 140
years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating
15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide
extensive resources to our employees for professional development
and growth and a number of diverse professional and social
opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our
employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In
- - Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- - Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning
- - Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- - Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- - Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- - Paid maternity/paternity leaves. Securian Financial Group,
Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in
regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights
commission, or any other status or condition protected by local,
state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
EmployeeRelations@securian.com.To view our privacy statement click
here To view our legal statement click here PandoLogic. Keywords:
Financial Planning Analyst, Location: Eden Prairie, MN - 55347
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Eden Prairie , Financial Planning & Analysis Sr. Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!